HDMI Converter Troubleshooting
Thank you for purchasing a Bleiden HDMI Converter! Our converters have been extensively tested and they work well with a huge variety of sources, including the Amazon Fire TV Stick, the Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Media Player, Chromecast, AppleTV, Blu Ray, PS3, PS4, Nvidia Android TV and many many many more.
We have a number of online videos that show how to connect a Bleiden HDMI Converter in a variety of situations:
If you have watched the video and are still having trouble, feel free to email us for assistance. When you email, please describe your setup so that we reply back with meaningful assistance.
In addition, here are some common issues that you should double-check:
1) The converter MUST get power to function. Please be sure that you have a power cable connected to the port marked "USB Power" on the converter. This power cable came with your Bleiden HDMI Converter.
2) Your TV MUST MUST MUST be on the proper input. This generally means you have to use your TV remote to change inputs until you get to the right one. Typically the remote has a button labeled source or input, but this varies by TV and we do not maintain instructions for individual TVs.
3) Make sure that the red/white/cables run from the converter into the red/white/yellow INPUTS on your TV. If you connect to your TV's outputs, this will NOT work. If you connect to red/green/blue inputs, the converter will not work (and your picture will likely be in black and white). Some TVs have a single set of inputs for composite and component connections. If you find that your picture is in black and white, you may be connecting to component connections (red/green/blue) rather than composite (red/white/yellow).
4) Your source (Fire Stick, Chromecast, etc.) must also get power. Be sure that you have it connected to power.
5) If you are using the converter with an Amazon Fire Stick (or TV or Cube) and have VIDEO BUT NO SOUND, please try the following:
On your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, go to Settings > Display & Sounds > Audio > Dolby Digital Output > and then turn Dolby Digital Plus OFF
If you continue to have problems, we are happy to help. Please email us your order number and nature of your problem to email@example.com and we'll reply back as soon as possible.